Hide political posts, filter your newsfeed, get notifications when you have been unfriended and much more
Ever wondered why your Facebook friends get so much more done online than you do? Chances are they are smart and using a free app called Social Fixer for Facebook.
Any time you spend installing and getting to know this desktop only app will be repaid thousands of times over in the weeks, months and years that follow.
Ever get fed up with politics or fake news filling your news feed? Despite the criticism often levelled at Facebook, it is still a highly valuable resource of information and a great way of staying in touch with friends and family for many. You can block people and pages or turn off their feeds but what if you could go far further and really shape your Facebook account in a way that works for you? Well, now you can.
Social Fixer adds a set of highly flexible options to your Facebook account that can be accessed from a new “spanner” icon that gets added to your Facebook account page when you install this handy app. The best approach is to turn off all of the options and introduce them one by one so that you can get used to using them and understand what they are doing.
You might ask yourself why you would want to do this but the reason is simple. People who genuinely rely on Facebook, for anything from business to staying in touch with friends and family, are often distracted by unwanted posts in their newsfeeds. Given the choice, these posts would not have been there in the first place.
It’s a little like having numerous strangers wandering into your house at will and tapping you on the shoulder every five minutes, trying to distract you in order to get your attention. Most often the publishers of these posts have their own interests at heart and put them well before your own, regardless of whether or not they are driven by commercial or political motivation. They also know how to get you to click on their links using powerful, subliminal marketing techniques. We know this because we use the same techniques to good effect on behalf of our website design and marketing clients.
So what exactly can Social Fixer do for me?
Social Fixer for Facebook offers a range of very valuable features. I have listed just some of these features below but there are many more:-
- Fed up of posts by political activists or fake news? Maybe you like them but if you don’t then you can hide them.
- You can filter your entire news feed using keywords which enable you to block by author and other parameters.
- You can hide those sponsored posts and spoilers.
- Stealth mode prevents you giving likes or comments by mistake when reviewing another person’s Facebook account in response to something like a request to join a group or club, a friend request or a job application.
- You will be notified if you have been unfriended by another Facebook user.
- You can organise your feed in a number of different and convenient ways.
- You can hide different parts of pages you are not interested in.
- You can switch your news feed to show the most recent posts rather than let Facebook control it for you.
- You can hide Facebook posts once you have either read them or decided you just don’t want to see them again.
- Please note that Social Fixer for Facebook is a desktop only app and does not yet work with smartphones.
Where can I get Social Fixer for Facebook?
Social Fixer for Facebook is readily available on the web and you can go to the app provider’s website by clicking on the link below. You can also get a lot of help from this website on how to setup and use the app:-
Alternatively, if you are a Google Chrome Browser user, you can go straight to the download page from the link below:-
I hope you found our post on Social Fixer for Facebook a useful suggestion for saving time and avoiding unwanted material in your Facebook news feed. If you did then please give our Facebook Page a like or comment below in our Facebook comments section.
Thank you for visiting our website.
Latest posts by Neil Smith (see all)
- Supercharge Your Facebook Account With Social Fixer - 1st June 2017
- Are you too sharp to be scammed on Facebook? - 11th May 2017
- Why We Switched To Linux - 25th April 2017